Example temperature analysis.
Example CAPE analysis.
Example 3-Panel Display.
Example 2-Panel Display.
RAOB’s Advanced Cross-Section module contains all the features of the Standard Cross-Section module plus the following additional features.
- 2,000 Soundings. Whereas the Standard Module has an upper limit of 100 soundings per cross-section, the Advanced Module allows up to 2,000 soundings per cross-section. This is especially useful for detailed studies of time-series sections where sounding data is produced by surface-based sounding systems with very high temporal resolutions.
- Colorizing. This option paints the first parameter selected for analysis with vivid colors (see above image). Follow-on parameter analyses are displayed as overlaid isopleths. The "colorize" option is on the 3rd tab of the cross-section’s Diagram Options panel. A built-in Gradient Editor (see image at right) provides a full-featured color gradient editing tool to customize diagram gradients. The lower-right image shows how RAOB can also display categorical parameters, such as CAPE, Icing, Turbulence, Fog Layers, Inversions, Frontal Layers, and others.
- Compare Mode. Simultaneously compare Cross-Section and/or Time-Height diagrams, where the diagrams can be independently configured.
- Multi-Panel Display. Options exist to display 2 or 3 panel cross-diagrams on the same screen (see lower-right image). This allows easy comparison of 2 or 3 parameter analyses on separate panels. Only one parameter can be displayed on each panel, but there is an option to add parameter isopleths over the color display.
- Real-Time Option. Add the optional Real-Time Display module to enable automatic sounding file detection and updating of time-section diagrams. This option is ideal for real-time monitoring of critical operational activities, such as airports and other special interest events.