RAOB Data Sources
Current & Archived Soundings
- University of Wyoming.
- Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (University of Colorado at Boulder) format.
- College of DuPage (Next Generation Weather Lab).
[click on the Upper Air Soundings quick link]
- University at Albany (SUNY)
- Dept of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences.
- Climate Research Division.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research
- NHC Dropsondes
- National Hurricane Center's data from Hurricane Hunter planes
RAOB offers a variety of data access methods.
- Sequential data from NWS offices at Buffalo, NY
- GSD (Op/Bak/dev)
- Sequential data sets from NOAA/ESRL offices
- Sequential data sets from NOAA/FSL offices
- Worldwide Current and Forecast soundings.
- Gridded RAP and NAM forecast soundings. Example.